The PGA Tour Canada, better known as the Mackenzie Tour, is a very high ranking and prestigious men’s golf tournament. It has been around since the ’70s, and it looks like the performance keeps getting better with time. Golf enthusiasts are sure to have an action-packed time when following this magnificent tour, either on the ground cheering for their favourites, on the edge of their seats at home, or online.
Players to Watch Out For
For those who are new to the PGA Tour, knowing the relevant key players in the game can be a bit challenging. The following is a list of the top players.
- Rory McIlroy, born in Northern Ireland, was ranked number one for over 90 weeks according to the World Golf Ranking.
- Tiger Woods is a highly ranked golf champion and he has won multiple tours and holds many records.
- Michael Weir won the Masters in 2003 and was once ranked in the top 10 of the World Golf Ranking.
The sponsors who make it happen
- Steam Whistle Brewing is one of the leading PGA tour sponsors. They are a brewing company based in Canada known for their famous beers with a number of offers available such as their premium Pilsner and Pale Ale.
- Levelwear pride themselves in making authentic and cutting edge sports apparel for both males and females. They specialise in golf, gym and basketball apparel.
- Coca-Cola is notably one of the biggest sponsors in sports to date. Where ever there is a good cause, and a helping hand needed, they will be there.
- Tourism Hamilton enjoys helping out their own. They believe in the old adage ‘charity begins at home’. Just like their motto, it really is ‘in their character.’
The courses where the magic happens
- Cabot Links is a place where every top golfer has to visit at least once in their lifetime. This golf course is situated where the ocean and land meet, and what is created there is truly breathtaking.
- Cabot Cliffs is located in the same region as Cabot Links. One thing which these magnificent courses all have in common, is the stunning views of white beaches, being surrounded by evergreen vegetation, overlooking calm waters.
- St George’s Golf and Country Club is a typical golf course where lavish lifestyles are portrayed, and the most respected people in the community all gather, to support the beautiful game, as well as to raise funds for worthy causes.
- The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge is the ideal place for those who enjoy a little peace and quiet. This golf course and resort is built around a lake and a beautiful forest which adds to the relaxing theme. This is also a definite must-visit.